I was over the moon to be nominated for this by Kate from The Quiet Knitter Blog
Thanks a million Kate, yours is one of my favourite blogs so I was very honoured to be on your list.
Here are the award rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
*5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
*6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
3. I’ve thought of having a website totally devoted to books, even before blogs were a ‘thing’. To say I’m a book addict is putting it mildly. I’d been blogging about other subjects for a while but hadn’t got around to book blogging. I’d been boring friends and family for years with books I’d read and told them they ‘Must read!’
I’d joined a fantastic Facebook group called We Love Memoirs with a good mix of Indie memoir authors and readers. In this group we were encouraged to write reviews and it was stressed how important reviews are to authors.
Then Anne Cater, a well known and respected book blogger, started a Facebook group called Book Connectors that sounded interesting but to join I had to be a blogger or author. And so I started a book blog, was made to feel very welcome by the wonderful online community of book bloggers, some of whom have now become friends and a year later here I am, still blogging and rambling about the books I enjoy.
4. First piece of advice to new bloggers or those contemplating starting a book blog is just to go for it. By all means read other book blogs and learn from them but develop your own format and most of all enjoy it!
Second piece of advice is to not overload your TBR pile by accepting too many books to review and don’t request so many books from NetGalley that reading starts to feel like a chore. Pace yourself and enjoy the books you read.
15 Bloggers I’d like to give this award to:-
Val Poore’s Blog
Amy’s Novel Gossip
Crime Book Junkie – Noelle Holton
My Chestnut Reading Tree – Jo
Swirl and Thread – Mairead
Terry Tyler Book Reviews
Damp Pebbles – Emma Walton
Keeper of Pages
Jill’s Book Cafe
Cleopatra Loves Books
Portobello Book Blog
The Book Review Cafe
From First Page to Last – Janet Emson
By The Letter Book Reviews – Sarah Hardy